Saturday, August 3, 2013

A love letter to comedy

Ah ye comedy, you make me laugh and only ever make me cry from laughing so hard. You make my heart sing and my head hurt from loud mouthed giggles. You are ever present, because the beauty is that you can be used (not used in a "I'm using you for your access to movie theatre popcorn because you work at AMC" kind of way, more like utilized and respected) in any situation.

Comedy, I love you. Like for real, I really love you. 

Through good times and bad you've stuck with me. From All That to Wayne's World to SNL to Superbad to Bridesmaids. I can highlight monumental moments in my life with your presence. Like chocolate, you are always there to make me smile. My most supportive friend. Thanks!

Why do I like you so much you ask? Because you bring lightness to life:

Fall down the stairs in a dress while wearing a thong flashing the Prince of England (Prince Harry, because William isn't as cute and he's very off the market)? Laugh it off.

Realize you've been talking to your crush with spinach in your teeth and oppressive garlic breath? Let's just laugh about that one.

Accidentally hit reply all on that super hilarious gif about loving wine to every single staff member at work? Hahaha is the best remedy.

Catch your reflection while doing a random belly dancing cardio workout you found on your tv on a Saturday night and realize you have literally NO rhythm? That's funny, right?

While these aren't life threatening issues, you comedy, keep me present in perspective. You save me from the doldrums, because when I remove myself from the utter terror of the situation I realize life is pretty damn funny. 

But the cool thing about you is you're also there to make the good times brighter! Channeling Tina Fey, quoting Parks and Rec and laughing at stupid informercials (Have you seen the one about the weird ice pillow? I'm equal parts curious and creeped out), you make the days so much more fun.

I can't live without you! Never leave me! Everyday you are in my life is a good day. Let's keep laughing together, comedy, you crazy thing. I promise to stay starry eyed for you, if you promise to keep the good times coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment