Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Friends With Kids

If I had a theme song it would be that old Starz jingle "Movies, movies, movies, movies!" because I'm such a movie fanatic. I also like most every movie I see so I'm not a tough critic.

I recently saw the movie Friends with Kids. I was expecting a cute little comedy with Kristen Wiig, Chris O'Dowd (who is so cute!! and Irish), Jon Hamm and Maya Rudolph reprising roles similar to those in Bridesmaids. WRONG, denied. I did not find that in this movie, but I did really really like it (as always).



Basically, two friends Julie (Jennifer Westfedlt) and Jason (Adam Scott) have been just that for as long as they've known each other, friends. They are part of a fun, trendy little six-some group of friends made up of two other couples Ben (Jon Hamm) and Missy (Kristen Wiig) and Leslie (Maya Rudolph) and Alex (Chris O'Dowd).

Ben and Missy and Leslie and Alex have kids and becoming un-freaking-bearable, annoying, psychotic parents. I am not in a child rearing phase of my life so I don't really have a place to talk, but these friends with kids need to calm down a little/a lottle.

Julie and Jason can't keep solid, serious relationships respectively, with Jason breaking up with girls left and right and Julie basically doing one daters with duds. But they do decide, even after witnessing the horrors of having children from their friends, that they want to bring a little one into the world. What ensues is a sweet little love story with some bumps in the road, but thoughtful insights into contemporary relationships, kids, love, friendships, sex and the like.

I won't give away the end, but I will say it ends happy! Yay.

For the record, I do want to have kids. I'm not some maniacal cat lady who shuns munchkin children.

No comments:

Post a Comment