Thursday, November 17, 2011

A beautiful mess

My favorite song in the entire world came on my Jason Mraz Pandora station while at work today, A Beautiful Mess. I would testify in court that Jason Mraz's music literally speaks to my soul, which would result in my incarceration because whaaa? Creepy, J. Mraz's music cannot speak to a soul. But it does, I would proclaim vehemently!

I had the most incredible opportunity to see him in concert this summer at Summerfest.


Me being super excited with Jason in the far background. Let's not talk about the odd lighting and how alien I look.

The experience was, lifechanging.


(My mom and I once heard a review of the movie Avatar that described it as "lifechanging." Avatar was cool and it blew everyone's mind because it was the first great success of this new 3D phenomenon. Lifechanging though? Not for us, except maybe when the avatars connect the end of their braids to their horse creature's tail. That was trippy. We found the vocabulary of lifechanging entertaining and have adopted the term into our everyday lives.)

Back to Jason, his music is like the tune of a million angels. One of my wishes in this world would be to have someone dedicate the song A Beautiful Mess to me.

And that was a long drawn out way of introducing my favorite lyric of that song:

"And what a beautiful mess this is
It's like taking a guess when the only answer is yes
Through timeless words and priceless pictures
We will fly like birds, not of this earth"

LIFECHANGED!

Video for the live version of this song off A Beautiful Mess: Live On Earth.


 (p.s. notice the guitarist in the white button up holds a striking resemblance to Ellen DeGeneres)

No comments:

Post a Comment