Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Falling Bottoms

And so the story of "falling bottoms" begins. Let's be honest, shall we? Falling bottoms was just a funny thing that started between my mom and I. I was much younger, probably around 7 or 8 years old and we were brainstorming titles for a children's book. Obviously falling bottoms is a totally, completely hilarious combination of words. No really, I remember not being able to stop laughing when through randomly spouting out titles we came up with falling bottoms!

It was all giggles! It was our thing for a while, bonded like Thelma and Louise or Hoda and Kathy or Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz (don't you just want to weasel your way into the best friendship?). We were a mother-daughter combo unstoppable over imagining a countless supply of butts sailing through the air.

Then like that, we moved on to more mature Ally/mom adventures like screaming meatballs at unassuming neighbors. If you haven't already done this, which I'm betting is everyone on planet earth, you must. Hide somewhere out of sight and then yell using that deep lung power, yell meatballs like you never have before. Hide again and listen to the response that your scream of balls of meat incites. We got:

Neighbor 1: "What was that?"
Neighbor 2: "I don't know, I think someone said 'meatballs'?"

Falling bottoms kind of fell by the wayside, only popping up sporadically, but creating giggly gigs and happiness every time. When I was thinking of a blog title, I didn't want it to be too deep or descriptive. In a moment of epiphany, I thought of falling bottoms! It was decided, that would be the title of my blog. The title signals a wonderful memory. Or extrapolating further, the idea of falling on your bottom and getting back up every time could work. But ehh why push it to the inspirational limit.

I like to take falling bottoms at face value, the butt face value because when aren't butts funny?

P.s. I googled images for "falling bottoms" so I could add a picture, but the results for that just got random and weird.

Like this one, which I actually kind of like and so we'll go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment