Saturday, November 12, 2011

The first post...

Ok here it is, I'm starting this blog because I need a hobby and I like to write. Papers were kind of my thing in college because wait for it...I actually enjoyed writing them! I just graduated (6 months ago), I have a great internship and I live at home.

At this point a quote from the classic movie and one of my personal favorites, Wayne's World, comes to mind:

"My name is Wayne Campbell. I live in Aurora Illinois, which is a suburb of Chicago..Excellent. Ok, I still live with my parents. Which I admit, is both bogus and sad, but I still know how to party... I've had a lot of joe jobs, nothing I'd call a career."

My parents are awesome so I don't mind living with them, but as any semi recent college grad can attest to, the time right after graduation when we are all figuring out that elusive thing called the future is weird and tough and scary. And obviously the aforementioned quote by Wayne Campbell completely sums all these sentiments up, duh.

So with some extra time on my hands as I apply to grad school, I figured why not start a blog? Although in general my blog will probably end up discussing many facets of my life, I'd like to propose to focus on a few of my favorite things: health/fitness, food and entertainment (books, tv, movies) and maybe provide some commentary on current events if I'm feeling gusty. I should also add that I thoroughly enjoy quoting movies.


I shall explain the significance of my blog title "Falling Bottoms" at a later date in an attempt to keep the mystery alive...(insert evil laugh)

No comments:

Post a Comment