Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How to workout like a madwoman

I try my hardest to workout 5-6 times a week and the majority of this workout time is committed to cardio. I love doing cardio. I feel accomplished and happy when I finish my run, bike ride, or time on the elliptical. Sometimes I get so into the motion of my cardio it becomes mesmerizing and the time flies by, but for those days when I check the time every 2 seconds and seem to be making no progress, I must unleash my secret weapon.

This secret weapon is!...Not so secret because I'm pretty sure most every woman has used it at some point in their lives; it is simply daydreaming. Positive visualization of sorts. For me, once I feel like I'm sloughing through a workout I tap into this trick.

Most times I like to pretend I am a celebrity with a super toned body and a wicked outfit. As my famous self, I enjoy visiting one of the late night talk shows or being on the red carpet having dramatic, mysterious eye contact with my ex (Leonardo DiCaprio) or caught in a super flattering paparazzi photo. I always have a good hair day, never have a blemish or feel bloated.

The point is I look breathtaking with a body that you see on the cover of Shape or Women's Fitness (not a stick thin board) and in that moment at the gym I am working towards that body! For example, today I was on the Ellen Show (I was watching the Ellen Show which spurred my imagination) and I was wearing black leather mini pants, red suede pumps and a sheer white button up with tiny gold buttons, buttoned all the way and a loose "romantic" french braid talking about my latest amazingness. It was superb and perfect, slam dunk. This is me though, to some of you imagining yourself in this outfit on the Ellen Show is appalling, to that I say I hate you, not. To that I say you must see this outfit and you would be a believer.

But really, everyone's cool daydreaming, workout fantasy trick is entirely their own and different. You just have to be a kickass you and I promise it'll work. Motivation!

Today the last thing I wanted to do was break a sweat, but break a sweat I did and I killed that workout. I was in sexy leather pants on the Ellen Show!! I WAS Halle Berry sexy cat woman in those pants, man.

And so ladies (said to a group of ladies that I am envisioning are reading this with devotion) when you want to workout like a madwoman you envision your warrior goddess self. Like J. Lo in Enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment